Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Live or leave. You can't stop me!

No force can stop these movement
This is Olajide Fashikun as a psychologic construct. I am fixed. A path I am. Crossing you at this junction. I do not wish all to see me as good. I am to some gall. To some I am honey. Whatever you think of me interferes with my work. Hold your peace or depart my path. For the avoidance of all doubts, my mission is a very simple and modest one. It was forced upon me, and I most humbly accepted it.
I am Nigerian. A proud one at that. Nigeria is where God has created me. He had His reasons. I have a figure attached to me in the 150 million population. My figure is different and unique. Somebodies, who are paths, that crossed mine worked so hard to influence me. I will make other paths, especially other younger paths that cross mine, greater than I am.
That was just what some did to me. Now, no one in life can stop me from this mission. I must defeat myself to be defeated. I just want to change the spate of abuse of rights in the field of sports and governance in Nigeria.
I believe I have the requisite training. I have the rare privilege, skills and opportunities. I think I have the means to do so.
Tlhe back-slapping by my friends like the crucifixion by my enemies cannot stop me. If we agree that we should promote the status of rights in Nigerian sports, especially for indigent kids whose tomorrow we can shape deliberately and consciously, bear the cross, let's go together. If you don't agree with me, leave the cross, here is a labyrith, go the other way, don't try to stop me.
My cross, from my day one on earth is of 'rebellion'. Those who know my roots can swear by it. I can rebel against myself. That is how I get my joy. You are not me. I can't be you. I am defined to give support to those who have been victims by the 'honest' Nigerian sports administrators and organisations.
If you are so defined, then, let's work together. Never allow your hatred of Olajide Fashikun to stop you from joining in a good cause. Is it good and just? That is one question you should answer. I am just a messenger. Take the message. Leave the messenger. Why did God created you a Nigerian? Fulfil His purpose to Nigeria in your little space. His will shall be. Play your roles clearly as it makes you happiest. Don't look above your shoulders. No one can stop me. You can be stopped. Forget the sentiments and the bickering. Get to work.
I am corrossive. I am acidic. I am the pepper that hurts. No one likes me yet people seek for me. I am salt, just a little will do and much can hurt. Who can stop pepper from peppering? I am the water of my generation. I am life. Live or leave. Don't stop me lest you are hurt. Omiyale (flood in Yoruba) like tsunami is water at war. No one can stop me. I will flood. I am a goal. I will score and be scored. Play your game let me play my game.

6 comments:

  1. annyiyoho@yahoo.com, LagosJuly 5, 2011 at 12:08 PM

    I'm with you all de way. Together, we'll run corrupt and dubious sports administrators out of town.
    So help us God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Joy Inalegwu, Magodo-LagosJuly 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM

    I am always afraid for this guy. The God that protected Gani Fawehinmi during his days against the devilish military will protect this one. I grew into believing him and I now see his thinking and words as sacred and true. Time has always proven him right. Is it Obama cup, the illegal NFF, the fraudulent administrators in our Athletics etc?
    God, we pray, for your name's sake protect this one for us. I am waiting to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emeka Nwani, Lagos-NigeriaJuly 5, 2011 at 12:29 PM

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victor I. Akingbade, Milano-ItalyJuly 5, 2011 at 7:47 PM

    A friend of mine in Italy called me to read. I read this piece and sincerely it is one powerful piece I enjoyed. The fact remains that there are certain issues at the background the writer did not espouse.
    Why did he write these things? What made him to write it? Anyhow, as a stand-alone, it is a powerful report blended with vision, courage and a life built of truth, struggle, and integrity.
    Let's put it straight, the Lord God of heaven is your strength, continue the drive. Fear not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big bros, have you forgotten people must talk, either good/bad let them run their mouth, you just do your thing.......Truth will surely prevail*wink*

    ReplyDelete