Monday, November 14, 2011

It is time for war!


Proverbs 2:22.

 
I am incurably Ekiti. I have, retained and sustained all the attributes of an Ekiti man, well schooled in all the arts and sciences of life and living. I have never once declared a battle nor war publicly in my life. I declare this today.
War has been called. There is no retreat no surrender. The knell has sounded. Merchants are selling deaths. Buyers are waiting to buy. There is no unsold. It must be sold or bought. There must be spoils of war. Deaths, metaphorical, must be recorded. Let the orphans take to their heels. Those who are still breastfeeding should detour through the paths meant for the women.
I remember that I have gone through these paths alone and shredded all the armoury with loads of money.
As I did when I started the battle of Kiriji against the Sani Abdullahi Lulu board, I will soon come back to tell you the story. They took their N10m back in shame with which they were to buy me (I told the nation on AIT). I sold their skins for the cost they are paying now.
Let him who has ears snitch to the deaf to return home. My spear has touched the air that men breathe, it must drink from the liquid of life before it returns to the sheathe. My spear does not and will never fall. My genre never dies in war. It comes out violently but goes back drenched in valiance with dripping pints of carmine blood, fresh and waiting to clot.
"A lo ya onibode apomu". No wonder, as a 10 year old, fate threw me to the feral harmattan winds of Zaria in green uniform moulding me for tomorrow. Was it for this fight too? No wonder I paid for the bullet wound, on the neck, from behind without death. For this, my life remains a sacred function. No wonder I ran the green patchy fields where football is played and hailed by all in every spartan space.
I am a child of destiny. I have gone to battles against governments and institutions. Abacha tried, Baba Adamu Iyam, the airforce group captain did, Peter Asum Mbu Ogar, then a Colonel, as Kwara governor fought, my good avuncular friend now late, Rear Admiral Mohammed Lawal tried. I came out.
Like every battle, the one I am entering today will take in more souls. Balzebbub, are you not the one the Yorubas call Sango? It is your sacrifice. Come with me, take your dues. Pick their carcasses and fete.
They tried hard before now. They came after my breathe but took my car. They tied me down with sickness that had no diagnosis. I returned to their shock. They have now taken the gaunt to the physical. Like I defeated them and their immediate predecessors at the spiritual, so this physical shall be. They don't know you can't take a Cherubim & Seraphim like a rat. Lol!
Nigerians. Celebrate and rejoice. I will deliver football independence to you. This Ali Babas will go down. It is a refreshed game I will bring to you. I don't need your prayers. I don't want your support. Bid me welcome when I return from war. Whatever make the hand travel to the mouth and returns, I will return. It is kick off. See you at full time.

2 comments:

  1. George Ralph ChidozieNovember 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM

    Jide, back in school my best subject was Literature and poetry I enjoyed greatly.
    Today you have won my heart the more with great write up and I am agitated and feel like climbing the iroko tree with my hands unaided.
    You have awoke my spirit and I feel like pulling down a house to rubble.
    Oh my friend, when the bell goes, we shall come out smoking and THE JUST GOD will see us return triumphant with our loins stained with blood of our victims.
    We shall return with Spoils.
    The Omorodions, the Kayode Thomases etc pick up your bows and arrows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriel Gwajime, Abuja-NigeriaNovember 15, 2011 at 1:18 PM

    What will be, will be! But all things shall work together for the good of anyone who puts his trust in God. There is no mountain anywhere but only our ignorance, there is no valley anywhere but only our fear.
    Henceforth, put your faith to work neither the mountain nor the valley
    shall be no more. What are you waiting for?
    Fashikun, from the environment of your postings and writing, with the confidence you have borne all the while, it is obvious you are on the path of truth and justice. God will roundly protect you and all that is yours.
    Fear not. Go on with the fight and the end shall justify the means.

    ReplyDelete