Monday, September 27, 2010

SEX SCANDALS AND DEATH THREATS ARE STRANGERS.


Coach James Peters
I thought I was just being a nasty sports journalist I have been since some 25 years back. A colleague of mine who read the first report I did on the sex scandal in Trinidad and Tobago pleaded so well that I should kill the story. I pleaded back, “were any of these girls your daughter, what would be your response? He kept quiet and sneaked out of my office.
after I published my report and one of my very respected colleague, we call him Ikwerreman, sent me a link to an earlier blog he had written on Thursday, December 6, 2007 titled: ALL EYES ON EVUMENA AND GABOSKY, I rested my nerves.
A day later, I had the encounter that led me to write the follow-up. Then, Kikelomo Ajayi received so much calls and she came up to substantiate the matter the more. Then, I got more information of how a former coach of the Super Falcons had three of the players in his bed where a retired Colonel and a staff of the NFA caught him right in the act. I sighed. Oh, it is a culture!
According to Ikwerreman: “When it comes to women football in Nigeria and the scandals that have arisen from Nigeria as regards sexual harassment, two coaches who have the biggest profiles are Dan Evumena and Felix Ibe (Gabosky).Just name the kind of scandal and they have it under their belts.”
As at that time that was true. I had the story of a board member of the NFA who sleeps with the players he is supposed to superintend.
Monday, 27th September 2010. Jibola Oni called me from BrilaFM. One of the questions he asked is, “were james Peters to take you to court what will be your reaction?” I responded, did the NFA not say that the claims of sexual scandals cannot be substantiated?
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY:
I am aware that there are petitions before the NFA member under Sani Lulu’s board before  the National Sports Commission (NSC). Nothing has been done about it. So it is useless going to the same Commission on this matter. I am heading to the national Assembly to ask for a public enquiry.
This matter should be investigated. I know some of the ladies who if provided confidentiality will come out and say what ill deafen the ears. That was why I kept the name of the coach in the Kikelomo Ajayi story back to myself.
Coach Dan Evumena
The NFA really do not care about these girls and what happens to them. The NFA members themselves ask for sex from these girls as conditions for them to play for the nation or coach the national teams. I do know some of the girls these useless and shameless coaches harassed, some buckled and gave in to them, some got pregnant, some had abortions for the coaches.
JAMES PETERS:
I am so angry that people you will think the fire in their loin will not blister after omen are in the league of defiling teenagers. Upon the exposure, as it is with the NFA, death threats are being sauntered into my phone. I do promise that I am waiting on them. I also do promise that so long as the remnant of the little trainings I had as a growing youngman remain relevant, I will donate the dead bodies of such messengers of death to their masters. This system must be cleaned once and for all.
I used to respect coach James Peters. Though, as a coach he was a perpetual failure. I wish him luck in his endeavour to institute and establish the case of libel in this matter. I will simply enjoy the decorum to officially record these details in a court of law!
No amount of death threats will surmount my spirit. If God kept me in the guerilla era of my days in THENEWS magazine and when we transmuted into Tempo newspaper, who else do I need to be afraid of. The same God kept me intact when I fought the gallant naval Admiral Mohammed Alabi Lawal in Kwara.
However, it is said only a stupid parent from Ekitiland will leave their ward unguarded asking God to take good care of it. Like the Islamic injunction, tie your camel and leave the rest to God. Let them come.
PARENTS AND WOMEN FOOTBALL:
Are we not getting to a stage where serious and responsible parents will not be withdrawing their female wards from playing football or even any sport for that matter since their coaches are likely going to be after them for sex? Since the latest expose, both the NFA, the NSC or any organ of government has not deemed it fit to make a comment. They kept mum. Yet, their own children will never be able to be athletes lest being endowed with the rare skills and abilities of those who are athletes.
I think we need a movement to make parents hold their female wards from sports. Dangerous men are  on rampage. They are employed as coaches to spoil the lives of their children. To make them pregnant and abort severally all in the name of playing for their fatherland in return for paltry sums. Soon, no serious man would want to marry your daughters when they know they are or were athletes.

3 comments:

  1. Bros, this is a good one. At least someone is continuing this fight. I promised myself some years ago I won't talk of sexual harrassment anymore so I will keep mum.
    However, in your fight I can give you any info you want.

    Ikwerreman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. China my man, instead of being quiet, I say let us all add our voices to that of Jide.
    I believe this is the BEST time for us all to join forces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sincerely respect your decision. At a time it was you were the only one in the wilderness fighting these goons with official cover.
    As for me, I am willing to battle them like I did the NFF under sani Lulu and some othergladiators of courage (Harrison Jalla and Segun Odegbami) joined the battle at other levels. Today, Nigerian football is in the woods, but we will come out better.
    Pls make whatever information you have available, I will take them to the highest level of governance in the country until we get justice.

    ReplyDelete