Saturday, September 10, 2011

MOURNING WITH CHIEF EMMANUEL IWUANYANWU (MFR):

Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu (MFR)

This is one boss who took me like his child. One of his sons incidentally is Njideofor. He is 4th September while I am 14th September. As Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Nigeria Sports Development Fund Incorporated in Abuja, he is one person who so believes in me. He is one whose vision for Nigerian sports is comparable to the quality of love he has for his wife, lady Eudora   who was  snatched away by the cold hands of cowardly death on the 28th August 2011.

The Knight of St. Christopher, Sir Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu (MFR) is the only one for now that for now will tell me stay there and I will do with no questions. As he mourns the untimely departure of his beloved wife, Lady Eudora, dear God, help to comfort and strengthen him. Anyhow, I congratulate him on his 69th birthday.

 

MOURN WITH SEIDU ABUBAKAR:
This weekend is like a bad one. Two deaths. One is of the mother of my beloved friend, colleague and national chairman of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN). Though, I have changed the epithet of the body from SWAN to SWINE. Hajia Abubakar, the mother of Seidu Abubakar, which sad incident occurred on Friday, 9th September 2011 has been buried in line with Islamic rites. May her soul rest in peace and in heaven with her creator. God in His infinite mercies will give you and the family the fortitude to bear the heavy loss.

SWAN or SWINE.
You will remember my fight with the illegal Aminu Maigari’s NFF that claimed ignorantly that they banned me, alongside four others that were or are not their members, for life. SWAN, which was supposed to be my constituency, being a registered member of the body, like a hungry swine that did not want to tell its private benefactor that ‘you do not have the powers to arrogate that power you have assumed’ sacrificed its member, kept mute and went to bed as if nothing happened.
Like I told some of our colleagues then, I am and cannot be shocked. SWAN is on French leave. Sincerely, when last did anyone read of their comments, reactions and position on any of the raging issues of sports development in the country? The body has ran itself into oblivion of relevance. Can we all praise the toothless SWAN whose officials benefit privately and well from an illegal NFF and thus, left the truth for the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment