Sunday, October 21, 2012

Where is the silver, Sylva?

Sylva
God, this is another sad day. That my friend and colleague, Sylva Eleanya Akujobi, of Vanguard newspaper. A consummate sports photo journalist, he will make you laugh at all times irrespective of what you are going through, is dead.
My eyes had been misty, my cheeks has refused to stop the flood of tears. Why? I struggle to say good bye. It is too hard a news to bear. No. I wish this were a rumour.
Sylva, were he to be my brother, would have been the best I can have. He will call me and frankly tell me things many others won't be able to tell me. I never knew I can cry again until this sad one is hitting the palate again.
I wish and wish and wish. Why now again? Why Sylva? He is one person I have so much respect and tremendous trust for. He is one person who has led a path I have towed without looking back. I shared too many secrets with him including my family and marital issues. I have tried not to believe that this is true. I am helpless. Who will help this tears to stop or dry?
Sylva, with that diastema, sleep well. We shall keep your pace and help your many courses and causes.
Good night, my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment