Wednesday, October 12, 2011

POLISH EMBASSY FRUSTRATES NIGERIA’S AMBITION TO WIN WORLD SCRABBLE

The Nigerian contingent to the World Scrabble Championship (WSC) were denied entry visas to Poland, the venue of the championship as part of the deliberate attempt at preventing Nigeria from participating or winning Championship.
In a telephone chat with the President of the Nigeria Scrabble Federation (NSF), Engineer Olobatoke Aka, “we are shocked at the very evasive conducts of the Polish Embassy. As at yesterday (10th October 2011), which was the last day the contingent could depart the country for the event which started yesterday, it was sad they behaved the way they have behaved.
Aka said, “the refusal was despite the embassy being provided with all the necessary/ relevant documents including a note verbale from the Foreign Affairs Ministry and also a letter of introduction from the National Sports Commission (NSC).”
The contingent was refused entry visas even though visa applications were submitted since on the 19th of September 2011 for the championship billed for the 11th of October - 16th October 2011 in Warsaw.
 

T. B. Joshua
Why I predict football matches -T. B. Joshua reacts
With the unnerving criticisms especially from those who did not read the exact predictions of Pastor T. B. Joshua concerning the painful exit of the senior Nigerian national team, the Super eagles from the African Nations Cup, the man in the centre of the affairs has reacted and made it clear, “I love Nigerian football that is why I pray for it to grow and succeed.”
Pastor Joshua who yesterday replied his critics said, “Nobody can claim to love Nigeria more than I do. I only tell people what God revealed to me. I can't control it. During the ministrations two Sundays ago which was televised live, I said God revealed the outcome of the encounter to me which was not favourable to Nigeria. They should check my track record. All my predictions on Nigerian football have been accurate simply because I love football and I always pray about it before the match.
Since the publication of the transcript of his prediction, the controversial pastor who also owns a football club in Lagos which had produced some talented players has ignited so much comments, written and verbal, from football fans both within the nation and abroad.


2 comments:

  1. please Jide, is this an advertorial???

    ReplyDelete
  2. TB Joshua is not a man of God, if he saw a manifestation, is it not in the place of a man of God to pray for a better outlook, why publish and make go to extensive lengths to make ur views known. I am strongly believing that these people are working against us. Please dont give audience to these kinds of people. HE loves football my @#%

    ReplyDelete